Which oil do you like best for your Moto Morini

The US models of the Corsaro were called Hurricane, Cyclone or Jaguar.
In the US, Sbarazzino was called Thunder Chief
Riceman

Which oil do you like best for your Moto Morini

Post by Riceman » 05 Sep 2019, 13:17

I am at the stage of rebuilding my Sbarazzino and will be looking at putting fresh oil in the engine. As there are loads of oils out there for classic motorcycles, before I make a purchase, I was wondering which oil you prefer or would recommend that I buy.

Many thanks for your input.

Regards,

Andy

Ik ben bezig met het opnieuw opbouwen van mijn Sbarazzino en zal verse olie in de motor gaan doen. Omdat er heel veel oliën zijn voor klassieke motorfietsen, vroeg ik me, voordat ik een aankoop deed, af welke olie je verkiest of zou aanraden dat ik koop.

Hartelijk dank voor uw input.

Vriendelijke groeten,

Andy

350-v-twin
Site Admin

Re: Which oil do you like best for your Moto Morini

Post by 350-v-twin » 05 Sep 2019, 19:24

In the ownersmanual of the Sbarazzino it states:

- Mobiloil D in Summer
- Mobiloil AF in Winter

for the Corsaro 125cc it is:

- Castrol XXL in Summer
- Castrol XL in Winter

No idea what the modern equivalent is of these oils, but make sure it is a mineral oil, not a synthetic one.

Riceman

Post by Riceman » 07 Sep 2019, 10:22

Thanks 350,

The Mobile oil is not available here so I have gone for an oil recommended from the local Triumph dealer, CASTROL POWER 1. Apparently a customer uses it in his old Gilera Jubileo and says it works really well especially with having a wet clutch, so I thought I would give it a try :)

Here are the details if your interested.
521773612.jpg
Castrol Power 1 4T 10W-40 is an advanced, premium quality part synthetic engine oil developed for the latest generation 4-stroke motorcycle engines. Castrol Power 1 4T with Power Release Formula is designed specifically for bikers who love the exhilaration of riding. Its Power Release Formula is specially designed to enable your bike to deliver maximum and sustained power right up to very high operating rpm thus offering a significant advantage over other motorcycle engine oils. The added Castrol advantage of Trizone TechnologyTM ensures uncompromised performance protection. Power Release Formula of Castrol Power 1 4T reduces internal losses in the engine, whilst retaining optimum wet clutch performance to ensure efficient transfer of power to the rear wheel
Benefits:
Advanced 4-stroke motorcycle engine oil formulation
Tested and proven to deliver improved acceleration at the touch of the throttle
Flows fast and reduces internal engine losses to friction
Trizone TechnologyTM for protection of engine, clutch and gears
Specifications: API SL, JASO MA-2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

350-v-twin
Site Admin

Post by 350-v-twin » 09 Sep 2019, 12:06

Allright! Sounds great!

BTW, I forgot to mention: in a motorcycle you cannot use car engine oil. If you would, the clutch starts slipping. For a motorbike with a wet clutch always use motorcycle oil. It contains certain "dopes" to prevent a slipping clutch.