Air cleaner fell off :(

The US models of the Corsaro were called Hurricane, Cyclone or Jaguar.
In the US, Sbarazzino was called Thunder Chief
Brennus

Air cleaner fell off :(

Post by Brennus » 07 Jan 2010, 06:03

I just got finished walking more than I ever have in my life looking for my air cleaner...I know from experience finding OEM Dell'Orto air cleaners is a royal pain...they seem to be one of the hardest parts to find. I'm not entirely sure how it fell off during my ride, but it seems that I won't be able to find it anywhere on the side of the road. It don't even know the part number. The carburetor is a UBF20BS, and the air cleaner itself was circular and with a choke ride on the face of it. I assume these are the only air cleaners that came with that carb, so hopefully that is enough a description. I have been scouring ebay.it for one, but thought someone on here might have an extra lying around, or might know somewhere else to look. Any help would be VERY greatly appreciated.

350-v-twin
Site Admin

Post by 350-v-twin » 07 Jan 2010, 12:23

That is a real pain in the ......

Normally Italian swap-markets would be the place to look for such items.
However there might be 2 addresses where you could try:

1. AIM (All Italian Motors) in Tilburg/the Netherlands. Apartantly they have Corsaro parts in stock. I cannot confirm this, but overheard it.
They only open on Saturday. Phone +31 13 5427184
Ask for Jean-Jaques and make sure you can give him the correct dimensions of the airfilter, like diameter in cm, thickness etc.

2. Mr Cesare Resta in Italy. He writes English and has some Corsaro parts in stock. You can always try, but again, give him the correct dimensions.
www.motomanuali.com

Perhaps I have a 3rd, but have to find out if the address is still correct.

Brennus

Post by Brennus » 08 Jan 2010, 03:56

"That is a real pain in the ......"

Tell me about it! Never once did more swears fly from my mouth than the moment I looked down and saw it missing.

Thank you very much, I shall have to look into those places. Also, I noticed looking on the Corsaro owner's page that a lot of people have trumpet air cleaners on their carbs. I would entertain buying one of those if they are more readily available as a temporary replacement...does anyone have any info on one of these that would fit?

350-v-twin
Site Admin

Post by 350-v-twin » 08 Jan 2010, 09:11

Brennus wrote:"That is a real pain in the ......"

Tell me about it! Never once did more swears fly from my mouth than the moment I looked down and saw it missing.
Hahaha, I would do the same.
Brennus wrote:Thank you very much, I shall have to look into those places. Also, I noticed looking on the Corsaro owner's page that a lot of people have trumpet air cleaners on their carbs. I would entertain buying one of those if they are more readily available as a temporary replacement...does anyone have any info on one of these that would fit?
Have a look at this site:
http://www.dellorto.co.uk/ It is the British importer of Dellorto. You could ask him. He is very helpfull.

Or: http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/Dellorto ... s_C101.cfm