NOOBY

350 Sport & Touring, 500 Sport & Touring
Archie Adv

NOOBY

Post by Archie Adv » 27 Jan 2016, 10:57

Hello Riders,
I have just joined your club Forum as I have just acquired a Morini 350 3 1/2 which is in good condition for its year 1977.

The motor has not been run properly since the mid 90's so I anticipate a little work get it running again. I had a look on your forum
last night and see there is lots of interested people with good advice, so I will be calling on you all sometime soon. Hopefully I will be
able to post some pictures in time, once I work out how it's done.

I know most of you speak good English and I speak a little Dutch having lived in Limburg and Brussels.

Regards
Hallo Riders,
Ik heb net toegetreden tot de club Forum zoals ik zojuist een Morini 350 3 1/2, die in goede staat is voor het jaar 1977 hebben verworven.

De motor is niet goed draaien sinds het midden van de jaren 90 dus verwacht ik een beetje werk te krijgen weer te lopen. Ik had een kijkje op het forum
gisteravond en zien er veel geïnteresseerden met een goed advies, dus ik zal een beroep op u allen eens snel. Hopelijk zal ik
in staat om enkele foto's te posten in de tijd, zodra ik uit te werken hoe het moet.

Ik weet dat de meeste van jullie spreken goed Engels en ik spreek een beetje Nederlands in Limburg en Brussel te hebben gewoond.

MVGroeten

350-v-twin
Site Admin

Re: NOOBY

Post by 350-v-twin » 27 Jan 2016, 15:56

Archie Adv wrote:Hello Riders,
I have just joined your club Forum as I have just acquired a Morini 350 3 1/2 which is in good condition for its year 1977.
Welcome to the Forum NOOBY!!
Archie Adv wrote:The motor has not been run properly since the mid 90's so I anticipate a little work get it running again. I had a look on your forum last night and see there is lots of interested people with good advice, so I will be calling on you all sometime soon.
Yes we're all able to give you some good advice to get your bike properly running again. Before you do anything: change the cambelt. Some of us (including yours truly) can advise you to get a Mitsuboshi, size 124L075. Mind you, this is not the car brand, which is spelled differently. When you're done, torque the central nut of the flywheel with the correct torque as mentioned in the workshop manual.
Archie Adv wrote:Hopefully I will be able to post some pictures in time, once I work out how it's done.
Upload your pictures to a site like Flickr, or any other (free) site to host pictures. Each picture will get a unique URL (= internet address), starting with http:// Don't forget to first resize your pictures at app. 800 x 600 pixels, otherwise they disturb the presentation of the forum. Sometimes these sites give you the option to choose various sizes after upload.
Archie Adv wrote:Next, when you post a message type in Image The Image will make sure the picture is visable.
I know most of you speak good English and I speak a little Dutch having lived in Limburg and Brussels.
Archie Adv wrote: Hallo Riders,
Ik heb net toegetreden tot de club Forum zoals ik zojuist een Morini 350 3 1/2, die in goede staat is voor het jaar 1977 hebben verworven.

De motor is niet goed draaien sinds het midden van de jaren 90 dus verwacht ik een beetje werk te krijgen weer te lopen. Ik had een kijkje op het forum
gisteravond en zien er veel geïnteresseerden met een goed advies, dus ik zal een beroep op u allen eens snel. Hopelijk zal ik
in staat om enkele foto's te posten in de tijd, zodra ik uit te werken hoe het moet.

Ik weet dat de meeste van jullie spreken goed Engels en ik spreek een beetje Nederlands in Limburg en Brussel te hebben gewoond.

MVGroeten
Well done!! Not bad at all :D

Archie Adv

Post by Archie Adv » 27 Jan 2016, 17:32

Bedankt Site admin good news indeed.
tot zienes.

mantaray

Post by mantaray » 30 Jan 2016, 19:56

Welcome Nooby

hombre

Post by hombre » 02 Feb 2016, 10:39

Welcome to the club!

Ps the belt is named 124L075.... (just to avoid confusion)

350-v-twin
Site Admin

Post by 350-v-twin » 02 Feb 2016, 16:50

On this page more info on the cambelt:
http://motomoriniclub.nl/tech.html

Hombre is right: 124L075. I made a typing error, apologies. Have corrected it.

Aparantly

1) 124 is the lenght.
2) L is the type of teeth (on one side)
3) 075 is the width.

The original cambelts had an A, B or C, corresponding with the letter on the metal pully. These original cambelts are no longer available, but the Mitsuboshi is a perfect solution.

Probably these sizes are in inches. On this page it's shown how it's done: http://www.angelfire.com/mo2/sr500/Zahn ... iemen.html

Final tip: use a tiny bit of Loctite before you torque the central nut. This prevents it coming loose.