My '94 Morini Excalibur 350

Factory choppers
Fabrieks choppers
laurentiu

Thank you

Post by laurentiu » 10 Apr 2012, 11:49

Thank's guys! I will try to see if it works. Is strange having two wires same colour(red) comming out from the coils.One of them is connected to a tranducer but I see someone played in the electrical system before I bought it.Probably each wire has to be connected to a transducer-one for each cylinder.Only one of the red wires is connected to ONE transducer.and strange is it is working.And it starts perfectly.But I saw the sparks are very small. Probably the guy who sold it to me prepared it just for selling.And what I also see ,is hard to reach more than 85-90 km/h.If I push it more is too noisy and I fill the engine is too stressed.Anyway,I think the problem is the ignition.Thank you for your answer.Next month I will take care of that and I will give you news.Have a good day!

350-v-twin
Site Admin

Re: Thank you

Post by 350-v-twin » 10 Apr 2012, 16:52

laurentiu wrote:Thank's guys! I will try to see if it works. Is strange having two wires same colour(red) comming out from the coils.One of them is connected to a tranducer but I see someone played in the electrical system before I bought it.Probably each wire has to be connected to a transducer-one for each cylinder.
Correct, that is also my conclusion!
laurentiu wrote:Only one of the red wires is connected to ONE transducer.and strange is it is working.And it starts perfectly.
Yes, but then your bike is running on one cilinder.
laurentiu wrote:But I saw the sparks are very small.
Small sparks are normal for the Ducati Elletrotechnica ignition. Set the gap of the sparkplugs on 0,5mm.
laurentiu wrote:Probably the guy who sold it to me prepared it just for selling. And what I also see, is hard to reach more than 85-90 km/h. If I push it more is too noisy and I fill the engine is too stressed. Anyway, I think the problem is the ignition.
My guess: it is running on one cilinder!
laurentiu wrote:Thank you for your answer. Next month I will take care of that and I will give you news.Have a good day!
Yes, please keep us informed!!

laurentiu

Hello

Post by laurentiu » 14 Apr 2012, 08:07

:idea: Yes,thinking more,I also am pretty sure the problem is there:ignition.I remember that when it starts the smoke is comming out much more trough only one exaust.and I tried to adjust the carburators but one of them did not repond properly. But how is it possible to run on only one cylinder :?:
Anyway,now I am abroad and by the end of May I go home and I will fix it. Thank's for that information about the sparkplug gap! I was not really sure howmuch it should be. And any of you find one more electrical diagram for this kind of bike,please let me know! I would apreciate any advice. And by the way: does anybody know any parts providers? I need to change the starter because the mecanical part is broken.I need to replace it.Now it starts just by kik-pedal.Thank's a lot and have a good weekend!

350-v-twin
Site Admin

Re: Hello

Post by 350-v-twin » 14 Apr 2012, 15:27

laurentiu wrote::idea: Yes,thinking more,I also am pretty sure the problem is there:ignition.I remember that when it starts the smoke is comming out much more trough only one exaust.and I tried to adjust the carburators but one of them did not repond properly. But how is it possible to run on only one cylinder :?:
Well, that is possible, no problem. But the bike won't give it's full output.
I once had it on a bike. One carburettor was blocked inside. Only after 1km, the second cilinder joined in :shock: The bike run fine on one cilinder, but with both of them, it is a much more powerful bike! :D
laurentiu wrote:Anyway,now I am abroad and by the end of May I go home and I will fix it. Thank's for that information about the sparkplug gap! I was not really sure howmuch it should be.
Standard is 0,7mm (when you buy a new sparkplug). On the Ducati elletronica ignition it's best to set the gap at 0,5mm. Just try and look at the colour when the engine is warmed-up properly. It should be light-brown and dry.
laurentiu wrote:And any of you find one more electrical diagram for this kind of bike,please let me know! I would apreciate any advice. And by the way: does anybody know any parts providers? I need to change the starter because the mecanical part is broken.I need to replace it.Now it starts just by kik-pedal.Thank's a lot and have a good weekend!
It is very well possible the electric diagram is in the owners-manual. I will have a look.

Not sure about Italy: try Moto Moro in Varese (you can phone them as you speak Italian ;) ). In Germany: Wolfgang Tritsch (see www.w-tritsch.de) and in England: NLM (see www.northleicestermotorcycles.com)

Perhaps some advice: Go and visit the 23rd Moto Morini meeting in Morano-sul-Po on 1/2/3 June. See www.morinispecial.it/joomla/
for the programme. You can exchange tips & trics from other owners.
I went there last year, see www.motomoriniclub.nl/morano2010.html

Brandnew (copy) Ducati elletrotechnica parts like transducers, pick-ups and can be bought here: www.nuovaray.com/VINTAGE_ENG.pdf

Good luck, please keep us informed about your progress!

laurentiu

HI!

Post by laurentiu » 16 Apr 2012, 13:16

I really apreciate your informations and I will check all of them.I will inform you about my progress. Have a nice week!