Stator of a Moto Morini 500 "roasted"

350 Sport & Touring, 500 Sport & Touring
350-v-twin
Site Admin

Re: Stator of a Moto Morini 500 "roasted"

Post by 350-v-twin » 17 Jul 2015, 10:22

Hello Angelo,
angelo wrote:With my great pleasure I inform you that I've been succesful! Here I post the picture of my "latest masterpiece".
That is great news!!
angelo wrote:With big patience and with the help of some saints that I called hard several times, I rewound the five stator coils.
Indeed a masterpiece.
angelo wrote:I replaced the burned "plastic" supports of the burned coils with the supports of the coils of a stator Vespa.
That is amazing. In the past I have heard of more experiments with Vespa and/or Lambretta plastic supports. But I heard these supportsn are of different size. Did you buy loose plastic Vespa stator supports? What model Vespa? Where did you buy them?
angelo wrote:The OEM supports of the Moto Morini coils are made of a material very similar to bakelite, and those of the Vespa stator are made of hard plastic: this difference of consistency produces some problems of melting of the support when you have to solder the copper wires, but with a little attention I made a good job.
Excellent, well done!!
angelo wrote:I've to thank all of you who gave me their thoughts and tips, my friend mechanic who gave me a couple of Vespa burned stators, and Gianni of morinispecial.it who showed me where to find the schematic of the Moto Morini stator winding.
Like this one?! http://motomoriniclub.nl/altschem.pdf
angelo wrote:This afternoon I finished the work, I went out with my Moto Morini 500 and I have traveled about 15 Km: all right, and the charge regulator works perfectly!
Congratulations, great job! Please make sure the earth connections are in good order!
Please give us some more info on the plastic supports, sizes, where to buy them, etc. Thank you.

Tom

Post by Tom » 21 Feb 2016, 09:21

A little late but: Well done Angelo

bravo!

angelo

Post by angelo » 21 Feb 2016, 11:10

Thanks, Tom!
For congratulating you're never late.
If this may be of interest, the stator rewound by myself continues to work regularly and I use my Moto Morini 500 almost every day.